Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Good News All Over Cleveland!

Well, the Indians finally made their move, of course it was a very mystifying time. Eric Wedge has been FIRED!!! (Applause heard throughout the entire city) The announcement comes FOUR DAYS before the end of the season, and the guy is such a "great" guy that he's going to stick around and finish it out. So, why make this announcement today? Why not wait until after the Red Sox sweep us in the final series of the season? There are still six games to be played and the guys in the clubhouse know they don't have to listen to the ass-hat making the lineup. It just boggled my mind that this decision was made today. Why not a week ago? A month ago? Before the fire-sale of trades that took place?


The decision making skills of this regime is just one of the reasons that my "To-Do List" is only partially done. GM Mark Shapiro needs to be the next to go. It's doing things like firing the manager half a week before the end of the season that makes me really dislike the front office of the Cleveland Indians. What is the point of having a guy in the clubhouse who the players are looking at knowing that it doesn't matter one lick what he has to say? Somebody is going to come in next season with (hopefully) a COMPLETELY different view on the game of baseball. I have two words for Larry Dolan. "Mike. Hargrove."

More good news from this. I just read the release on the Cleveland Indians website and it also states that his coaches will be let go. That is great because Carl Willis somehow found two needles in the haystack in 2008 and 2009 with C.C. Sabathia and Cliff Lee. How those guys did so well under Willis' tutelage is beyond me. This news just makes things so much more sweet. Pretty interesting also that the longest tenured coach in Cleveland is one that was a revolving door for a long time: The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Now for something completely different, there is a Quarterback Controversy in Cleveland! Eric Mangini, who is already on the hot seat after only three games coached in Cleveland, has named Derek Anderson the starter for Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals. Again, let me state that I love this move but it should have been made at the beginning of the season. The fact that it is happening now is something I completely disagree with. Mangini had his battle, picked his horse and now he should be running with it unless the horse (Quinn) goes down with an injury. More mystifying decisions by the lead men in C-Town.

Many of you will remember back in 2007, it was Cincinnati where Derek Anderson had his NFL coming out party. In that game he threw five Touchdowns and just one interception. He had 328 yards on 20 of 33 pass attempts, averaging 16.4 yards per completion. You know what helped the passing game be so efficient? THE RUNNING GAME! I know, it's a crazy thought but when your running game is being used, it makes people think you are going to run and then you can...gasp...THROW! Jamal Lewis had over 200 yards that game, by the way. Hopefully Derek can get in a groove on Sunday and show that he never should have been removed as the starting Quarterback of this team.

One more thing before I call it a day, today. Tomorrow is Day 1 of the NHL Regular Season! I love hockey and I hope I can get to a game down in Columbus this year and see them play the Leafs or the Wild. Have I mentioned before that I HATE the Blue Jackets? Well, I hate the Blue Jackets. I'd also like to get to Pittsburgh and see the Stanley Cup Champions play. Wouldn't mind getting to Hockeytown too! We'll see what happens. I was reading ESPN Magazine and my Wild are picked to finish 8th in the West and the Leafs are picked to finish dead last. Sad. Oh well.

Fire Shapiro. Get a New Owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment