Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quick Hits IV

Here I am, back for another edition of my Quick Hits...and away we go...

44 for 63, 505 yards, 4 passing touchdowns, 1 rushing touchdown.

22 receptions, 278 yards, 3 touchdowns.

Those are the lines for Bowling Green Quarterback, Tyler Sheehan, and receiver Freddie Barnes, respectively. Are you effing kidding me??? Those numbers are absolutely sick in every sense of the word. The Falcons won, 36-35 on Sheehan's rushing Touchdown with five seconds left, and ended an awful four game losing streak. Barnes ended up winning the MAC East Player of the week award for his ridonkulous performance.

THE BROWNS WON A GAME!!! In an offensive slugfest...the Browns took down the Buffalo Bills by the astronomical...score of 6-3. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I'll tell you what, while the offense was absolutely anemic, the defense looked like a force to be reckoned with. I'm not saying it's going to lead to more victories but the thoughts of the Browns going winless this season are gone, thank God! Derek Anderson threw about eight times as many incompletions as completions, but to be fair, his receivers dropped a lot of balls. Now, it's being reported that Brady Quinn's house is up for sale in Avon Lake. Hey, as long as they get a good Right-Side lineman for him and maybe a draft pick or 2, I'm all for it.

So, Braylon got traded and what does he do in his first game as a Jet? Just 65 yards and a touchdown. Good thing I made the only plausible move in Fantasy Football concerning Braylon Edwards...I traded FOR him. Worked out too. He got me 12 fantasy points and I think he'll be right around that total every week. I may have lost this week but I have a feeling he's going to help me win a couple games.

Michael Crabtree FINALLY signed his contract with the 49ers. He "settled" for a mere $16 million guaranteed which is an amount of money that I will never see in my life. You see that Michael? You just got $16 million just for signing your name. Must be a shame that you couldn't get a few million more. Jackass.

The NBA Pre-Season is underway and LeBron and Shaq are looking great together. They don't look like they've been playing together for ten years, but they also look a whole lot better than a duo who has been playing together for just two months of practice. I am very excited about the Cavaliers this season and I am really under the impression that this could be the year that the city of Cleveland has its Championship drought ended. LeBron is on a mission and he will be successful. The NBA regular season starts in just a few weeks so I'll probably do some sort of season preview, pick my playoff teams and whatnot. We'll see.

Major League Baseball is down to the League Championship Series and both of them are Coast-to-Coast affairs. In the National League, we've got the Phillies and the Dodgers in a rematch of last year's NLCS. I think this is the Dodgers year. They've got the players, the pitching and the bullpen to take down the defending Champs. In the AL, I like the Yankees to beat the Angels with their 3-man rotation of Sabathia, Burnett and Pettite. With C.C. and A.J., I think Andy Pettite is going to have to start going by initials. So, according to me, the World Series will be Yankees and Dodgers. I. Am. Pumped.

The Indians are on the hunt for a new manager (THANK GOD!!!) and it appears that one of the candidates is none other than Bobby Freaking Valentine! I think this would be absolutely great. I feel like he could bring a great combination of discipline and fun to the Cleveland clubhouse. The only other person I think would be better for the job is Mike Hargrove and from the sounds of it, he's enjoying retirement way too much to rebuild a franchise...again.

The NHL is underway and my teams already look awful. Minnesota and Toronto have both had slow starts but hopefully they can get things figured out and make a push for the playoffs. I think we're probably headed for another Eastern Conference Final which pits Alexander Ovechkin against Sidney Crosby, but it's WAY too early to tell if that's what is going to happen.

I'm going to be doing something a little different for my next blog. A band I know is coming out with a new album this week so I am going to be a doing a review for it. The name of the band is Stalemate and they are having a CD Release show this Friday at the Hi-Fi in Lakewood. Check out Stalemate from Elyria, Ohio on MySpace for more info!

Fire Shapiro. Get a New Owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment