Saturday, August 1, 2009

Stepping Closer to the Edge...

...and ready to jump. I could not be more upset with the way the Indians have dismantled this team in the last two weeks. First it was Betancourt which wasn't a big deal. We got a reliever for a reliever, and a much younger one. Not a bad move. Then we shipped Ryan Garko off to San Francisco for a Single-A left handed pitcher, simply because Eric Wedge doesn't like the guy. Later, Cliff Lee and, another "Not-Eric-Wedge-Guy," Ben Francisco, get shipped to Philly for four prospects, not including the one guy the Indians really wanted. Last, and most infuriating, a proven leader on the team, Victor Martinez gets his salary dumped (Call it what it is) to Boston for two minor-league pitchers and a reliever. Not included in the deal was Clay Bucholz, the one guy the Indians really wanted. Are you seeing a pattern here? Here is what I envision trade negotiations involving the Tribe as taking place...

Opposing GM - Ok, we really want (insert player here).
Mark Shapiro - For the right price, he can be yours.
Opposing GM - Well, what is the right price?
Mark Shapiro - We want (insert top prospect here)
Opposing GM - No.
Mark Shapiro - Alright, whatever you'll give us then.
Opposing GM - How about (insert crappy minor leaguer or crappy reliever here)
Mark Shapiro - You've got a deal.

Please, Mr. Shapiro, tell me I am wrong. Tell me these are the guys you really wanted. Lie to me like you lied to me last night on the news when you said you thought this team could contend next year. You are a sham and a mockery...a shamockery. You, Eric Wedge and Larry Dolan all need to be punched in the face. I have so much anger in my right now and it is all directed towards the Dolan family, Mark Shapiro and Eric Wedge. I am so sick of waiting until next year. I'll be doing that until I die. I have accepted that I will probably not see an Indians World Series Title in my lifetime.

As for the Crushers, they are keeping their playoff dreams alive. They've lost their last two to Traverse City though. For whatever reason, they seem to have a tough time against the team from Northern Michigan. Today, the Kalamazoo Kings come back to Avon for another weekend series and a 3.5 game lead. This is a great opportunity for the Crushers to gain a ton of ground on the Kings. They took 2 out of 3 from them last weekend. Hopefully a sweep is in order this time around. Lake Erie is still in the playoff hunt, holding on to the final spot right now. Three wins would certainly help things though!

Browns camp opens up today and for the first time in, I think, 4 years all the rookies are in camp on Day 1. That is great news. We should see a pretty good position battle for the QB slot between Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. I'm thinking about making the trip to Berea on August 9th. Chris Mortensen from ESPN will be visiting training camp that day so I just might make my first ever trip to the Browns practice facility in Berea.

The Cavaliers missed out on Hakim Warrick but I don't think it's that big of a deal. They've made offseason moves that will help them reach their ultimate destination...until they remember they are in Cleveland...and cursed. I'm the most excited I've been for the NBA season since Michael Jordan was a Bull.

And now, the new ending to my posts. It will be at the end of every one until the message I am sending actually happens. Think of it as a "To do" list.

Fire Wedge. Fire Shapiro. Get a new Owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment