Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crushers Closing In!

The Crushers won their rubber match with the Kalamazoo Kings yesterday by the final of 10-7. Lefty Paul Fagan was cruising with an 8 to 1 lead into the 6th when Kalamazoo struck for 4 in that inning, and another 2 in the 7th. Not to worry though, the Crushers bullpen held on to the game and they won. Now, Lake Erie sits just 2.5 games back of Kalamazoo and they have another weekend series with them next Saturday, Sunday and Monday. This team is doing far better than I ever expected, getting a new team in an established league like the Frontier League. I expected them to hover around .500, just enough to keep the locals interested. Instead, they say boo to all that and make a push for the playoffs. I really hope they get there!

The Indians winning streak came to an end last night thanks to a 4-run 8th inning for the Angels. Answer this for me; why would you bring David Huff out for the 8th inning when he's already had a few innings where he struggled? Just get to the bullpen at the beginning of the inning. Don't put them behind the 8-ball, bringing them in with runners on. I know, I know. Relievers aren't supposed to let inherited runners score. Well they do, and they did. But hey, props for the winning streak they had going. Not many teams, 20 games under .500 would fight like this team is. At least they still have one of the best pitchers in the league.............damn.

Cliff Lee just got traded. Ok, not a big deal. I knew it was coming. I prepared for that. Ben Francisco is going with him. That pisses me off a bit, especially since the Indians got hardly anything in return. We got one player who is almost major league ready and three players who won't be ready for a year or two. Really? I hadn't been calling for Shapiro's head, just Wedge's, but now I want them both on a silver platter. I am sick of perpetually preparing for 2 to 3 years from now. I want to win and I want it soon! And why the hell are you getting a SHORTSTOP in this deal!?!? We've got Asdrubal Cabrera for at least 4 or 5 more years, if not more!!! Are there ANY brains at Indians headquarters?! I am FUMING right now. I don't know, my Tribe boycott may have to begin a little sooner than it was planned. We'll see how this plays out.

Fire Wedge. Fire Shapiro.

No comments:

Post a Comment