Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How Does WASHINGTON Get it Right...

...and we don't??? The Nationals fired Manny Acta, their Manager of 2 and a 1/2 seasons, because they feel that the players they have are better than they are performing on the field. Those are basically the words of the Interim General Manager. Don't believe me? Read the article on ESPN.com. So how is it that the biggest joke in Major League Baseball made the move to fire a manager whose team was under performing but the Indians don't have the juevos to do the same damn thing? *Ring, ring* "Hello? Really? I should have seen that coming." *Click* Looks like the Indians are the biggest joke in the league now.

Instead of firing our manager, we've guaranteed ours that he will be here through the season. Just another sign of the eternal mediocrity that this team is destined for as long as the Dolan family is in possession. Manny Acta was given two and a half seasons to right the Natinals (Again, done on purpose) ship. Eric Wedge has been at the helm for SEVEN seasons...really!? One postseason appearance and he gets a mulligan for this season? How does this happen? I am so sick of this organization, sorry for sounding like a broken record. I really fear that Wedge will again be running this team (into the ground) next season as well. I just don't get it.

The Cavs, on the other hand, have made a few moves to try and get over the hump. Hold on a second, I need to call Daniel Gilbert to give him Larry Dolan's number so he can buy the team from him and do things right....Ok, done. Tony Parker, a starter in Toronto last season, will be our 6th or 7th man next season in C-Town. THAT is how you make a team better and I love that Mr. Gilbert wants to bring this team and this city a championship. Lord knows it won't be the Browns or Indians doing it anytime soon.

Speaking of the Browns, it's just about time for Training Camp to get started and, thankfully, Josh Cribbs is still part of the team. To me, he's the only player on the team that should be untouchable. If it's selfish reasons, oh well, I want the guy in Cleveland. August 1st is the big day that the Browns get started and their first game is Sunday, September 13th against the Minnesota Vikings. The Browns will start at home for the 11th straight season. I guess the NFL realizes they really, really screwed up letting Art Modell take the team to Baltimore.

The All-Star game is tonight and I don't see the American League domination stopping now unless Halladay gets traded to an NL team in the middle of the game and switches sides. Halladay and Lincecum on the same team, that would be ridiculous. Bowling Green football season starts in 51 days and that is very exciting. Hopefully I'll be able to make a few games this season, games that they actually win. New coach = Infinite possibilities. Go Falcons!

That's it for today. Do I have any readers out there? Let me know who you are!

1 comment:

  1. The Tribe doesn't want to pay 2 managers that's why they won't fire Wedge in the middle of the year. I mean what difference does it make? This season is already lost and it's not like an interim manager within the system is going to turn it around. The whole franchise has become a joke very quickly and that's depressing. I don't understand why Shapiro gets a free pass. He's made just as many mistakes as anyone. He may have talent as a GM but I'm not so sure he can win in a small market because the margin of error is so thin. Oh well....I'd love to say there's always next year but I'm not so sure the result will change. :(

    ReplyDelete