Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Indians Suck...

...so I'm not writing about them today. Instead, I will be writing about my trip to the Great Lakes Brewing Company for dinner on Monday night...Enjoy!

Monday night, Amanda took me to the GLBC for my birthday dinner and it was absolutely great! I started the night with a pint of GLBC's AltBier, a beer that is only availably at the Brewery. It is a German style Hoppy beer and it is absolutely delicious. For dinner, I ended up with a Black and Bleu Burger and the beer sampler. The burger had blackened seasoning, some steak sauce (which I usually don't like) and bleu cheese (one of my favorites). The burger was a little over seasoned, as salt was one of the most prominent flavors when I didn't get a good amount of cheese in a bite. All in all, the dinner was good, but I wish I would have had the Pretzel Chicken. I hear that is one of their best dishes!

And now, the beer sampler...

#1 Dortmunder Gold - For anyone who has tried this, you know it's good. It's GLBC's answer to Miller Lite and Bud Light, but way(x10) better. Nice golden color and a great taste with a smooth finish.

#2 Burning River Ale - An American Pale Ale, which, in my opinion are much better than India's version. This is definitely a full flavored beer with citrus and pine notes. I like it!

#3 Edmund Fitzgerald Porter - If you like coffee and chocolate, this beer is for you. If you like just one of those things, you'll still like this beer. A quick whif gives you both of these smells. The hops are also well noticed. Not my favorite GLBC Beer, but still very good.


#4. Eliot Ness Amber Lager - My favorite beer in GLBC's collection. It has a great malty taste and the hops balance the flavors very well. If you haven't tried this one, you should do so IMMEDIATELY!!!

#5. Commodore Perry IPA - I usually don't like IPA's because of their bitterness but this one has a sweet finish that makes it very, very good. I really don't know what else to say about this one other than saying that even if you don't like IPA's, give this one a try.


#6. The Grassroots Ale - This is a new beer for GLBC and I like it quite a bit. It is brewed with Herbs that they grow on a small section of the Hale Farm and Village. The herbs are noticeable from the first scent. I would definitely give this beer a shot if you like something a little bit different!

So there you have it, my night out at the GLBC! If you've tried any or all of these beers, give me your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment