Monday, July 13, 2009

Guess Who's Back...Back Again...

Well, I took a week and a half off. Deal with it. I'm back now and I couldn't be more irritated at the way the Indians are playing baseball. Would someone like to tell me what the hell Tomo Ohka is still doing in the Indians rotation? A hurt Aaron Laffey is better than a healthy Tomo Ohka. (Light Bulb) Anyone think that Ohka may not be healthy? Actually, he's probably just that bad at pitching a baseball. Well, he's good at it...for the hitters.

I was on vacation up in Gull Lake, Michigan which is near Kalamazoo so I took in a King's Game at Homer Stryker Field with Amanda, my dad and my 11 year-old cousin, Liz. Nice little ballpark, definitely reminds me of something out of "Bull Durham." It's got that crappy little minor league park feel to it but upgraded a little bit. Had a good time, saw the Rockford Riverhawks win 3-0 and taught Liz how to keep score in the process. She had a blast.

I went to the game last Friday, the 3rd, and for the first 3 innings, I wore a paper-bag on my head, holding signs that said "I'm just here for the fireworks" and "Do you remember 455? I do. FIRE WEDGE," neither of which was confiscated which surprised me. I did have them briefly taken away from me when I did a trivia challenge on the jumbo tron. I was asked a "tough" question about which Indians teammates also played college or high school ball (I don't remember which level it was) together...anyone? The answer will be at the bottom of the blog. I won two tickets to an Indians game...guess I have to go back. I'll also be going next Sunday...more on that, Now.

This coming weekend is going to be an awesome baseball weekend, except that the Indians will be one of the games I see. Friday night, Amanda and I are driving to Pittsburgh to visit PNC park and see the Pirates play San Francisco. Maybe I'll get lucky and Tim Lincecum will be pitching for the Giants. Then, on Saturday, we visit another ballpark, Classic Park, home of the Lake County Captains. Last, and least, we go to the Tribe game on Sunday with my parents. I'm sure it will be fun, but it would be a lot more fun if the Indians were actually contending and not keeping Eric Wedge in the driver's seat.

I can't believe how hot and cold the Indians are. The win last Friday and Saturday, lose 3 in a row, win one, lose 2, win 1, lose 85...ugh. What's worse is that the Crushers aren't doing all that great either. The Kings are helping the Crushers stay close though as they keep losing as well. I still haven't taken Amanda to a Crushers game. Hopefully we can do that soon. I think that will do it for today unless something earth shattering takes place. Home Run Derby is tonight and I'm excited to watch...you should be too!


Trivia Answer: Ryan Garko and Ben Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment