Friday, June 26, 2009

Diesel, Draft, D'OH!

Old news, I know, but the Cavs got Shaq in a great trade for the team. I could not be happier that this happened. I know Shaq is getting old, and he's nearing the end of his amazing career but you can't deny that this past season was a great one for him. This helps our team on the defensive end and on the offensive glass as well. I like that the Cavs are being proactive and not just trying to let things fall into place. They are MAKING things fall into place and that is how you win championships.

On to the NBA Draft. From a fans perspective, of the Cavs and the Heels, I am very excited about Danny Green coming to Cleveland. As for the man from the Congo the Cavs selected, I'll be interested to see just what he can do for the team. As for the rest of the draft, it seems like the Minnesota Timberwolves are going to go small this upcoming season...very small. From what I can tell, they are going to start 4 guards, if not 5. Imagine a game where Ricky Rubio, Wayne Ellington, Johnny Flynn and Sebastion Telfair are all on the floor at the same time. Wow. At least they traded Ty Lawson, who would have been the 5th Guard to start, to the Nuggets for the infamous "future considerations." I'd say another decade of Minnesota futility is in the works. And poor Blake Griffin, sorry about your "future" in the NBA.

The Indians Bullpen...again...Ugh. Tie game, going into the bottom of the ninth and we promptly blow the game. How much longer will the front office go with Eric Wedge as the on-the-field manager? Unfortunately, it will probably be the rest of the season, seeing as Eric Wedge has another year on his contract and Larry Dolan isn't going to want to pay 2 managers at the same time, one of which isn't even doing anything. One of the biggest mistakes ever made by the Indians front office was letting Mike Hargrove go. That being said, we had the opportunity to get Cito Gaston in here as manager and we blew that chance. My patience for the Indians is growing thin. I will never abandon my team, but I may stop caring as much as I do.* That's it for now. V-Dub, out.

*I will never stop caring as much as I do. It's in my DNA. Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment