Saturday, June 27, 2009

Quick Hits

The Indians won last night, 9-2. Victor Martinez and Ryan Garko homered in the game. I'm heading to the game tonight with my buddy Pat and then with my dad on Sunday for the series finale. Perhaps I'll take some pics and post them on here at some point. It will be interesting to see if Larry Dolan finds a way to justify raising ticket prices for next season after the disaster that has been 2009.

The Crushers split a double-header with the Florence Freedom, losing the first game 3-2 before pounding the home team into submission 15-4 in the night cap. The Crushers are 18-15 in their inaugural season and just 4 games out of first place in their division. They start a home series against the Traverse City Beach Bums tonight at All Pro Freight Stadium. I'll probably head to the game on Monday night. I'm thinking about purchasing season tickets for 2010. We'll see where I am financially.

BGSU released the start times for their home football games and it looks like I'll be able to make 3 of them. Their home opener is against Troy on a Thursday which is my day off. I might make the trip to see my Falcons get their party started. I'll also be trekking up for the long-awaited home game against Boise State and October 3rd against the Bobcats of Ohio University. The Falcons have a new coach this year and I think it is going to be a great change for the better.

The Orioles beat up on the Natinals (No, I didn't spell that wrong, Majestic did) at Camden last night. Nolan Reimold went 3 for 4 with a double, scored two runs and raised his average to .292. The former Falcon is looking great! I wasn't shocked when he got called up when he did but I didn't think he'd make an impact on this club like he has been. Keep it up Nolan!

Joe Jurevicius is suing the Browns because of the staph infection he contracted after surgery last season. I don't blame him one bit. Luckily, the Browns have a regime now that won't let crap like this even have the chance of taking place. I mean, how do you not clean exercise equipment after it has been used? Hopefully the Browns will get their s--- together and not lead the NFL in Staph Infections for the 2nd straight season.

That's it for today, and the weekend. I'll see you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment